Also read this Awesome Notepad Tricks
If you have a laptop with Windows 7 installed, you can use the ‘powercfg‘ command . It will display useful information about your laptop’s energy consumption and usage. If you can understand and maintain it correctly then you can extend your Battery life and performance by great amount.
Steps to Increase battery life of laptop
Step 1: Click on the Start Menu and type “ CMD ” in the Start Search bar.
Windows 8 users can Simply run the command “powercfg /energy” without quotes.
To access this file, simply follow the path which will be displayed in command prompt window after completion of the command. Read This file to understand that what program in your system is consuming more power and degrading the performance. Fix the Problem to Increase battery life of laptop.
Some More Usefull Tips to Increase battery life
- Eject or Remove External Devices like Pendrive/DVDs/External HDD if not in Use
- Run Apps that don’t Eat up much RAM
- Disable Bluetooth of your Laptop if not in use.
- Reduce Screen Brightness, This takes away lot of your battery, Reducing Brightness will help
- Turn of Internet if you are not using it.
- Make sure your Laptop’s Temperature remains Low
I am quite sure Performing these Tasks will help you to Increase battery life of laptop.